I did do some workouts over the break, some of them pretty freaking intense. I did a personal best breakthrough on the handstand pushups: 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 2. All were to failure. I was about 20 inches from the wall, and discovered I need to have my hands slightly further than shoulder width apart.
1:00 – BCAAs (1/2 serving)
1:05 – 200 Squat App x 15, 18, 26, 18, 1 min rest; standard width, below parallel; walked down two floors, did squats, then back up.
10:00 – calf stretches, twisting torso stretches
10:35 – Neck Mobility Drills
11:00 – Shoulder Mobility Drills, Shoulder stretch
– Handstand Pushups 1 x 4, 1 x 3, 1 x 2, 1 x 1; I set a goal of 10 total; 1st set failed coming up on 5, so technically hit 4.5, 60 sec rest; 2nd set failed at bottom of 3rd rep, 90 sec rest; 3rd set failed coming up on #3, 30 sec rest; barely got 1 out, made it up but couldn’t come back down.
o All sets hair touched floor, hands about 18 inches from wall, struggled on all failed reps, held for at least 3 seconds before admitting failure.
11:44 – Pushups, wide grip x 55; I was very close to failure, having to dig deeep and really want it and then I lost my focus, sort of like running before I caught the ball. I started thinking about the reps in front of me.
5 min rest
Sphynx Stretch x 30 sec, Updog Stretch x 30 sec, UpDog triceps extension x 28; failed on 29, couldn’t budge an inch; elbows slightly lower than nipples
11:55 – Lunch – polish sausage and Brussel sprouts
4:20 – Chair Dips x 50; short ROM, feet on floor.
Working my ass off today, hell weeks are in full swing, all the data is available, plus the additional work of Quarter end and Year end, Plus the project of building returns for the subsidiary I’ll be filing for now.
I am really physically fatigued. Just tried to do a few chair dips just to get the juices flowing, and it was pretty much a no go. I’m going to have to BCAA and pre-workout up just to do some basic mobility movements. Yikes! I haven’t gotten up before 6:30 since starting back to work either, and I could take a nap right now. The warden brought in some chik-fil-a breakfast this morning, and that isn’t helping either.
Creatine, Glutamine, Beta Alanine, & aminos is Mat Frazier’s pre-workout shake. Post workout – milk, spinach, whey protein. He is fairly sensitive to stimulants (like me).
12:40 – Neck Mobility; Shoulder Mobility
– BCAAs + Body Fortress NOS Blast; note: I use a tiny amount of the NOS, like 1/10 of a scoop;
12:50 – Yoga Pushups x 150!!; Oh 5h1t, that was nuts, 1st time ever I’ve hit that number! That wasn’t failure either. Form was great, but wasn’t bad or sloppy either. I think it may have to do with the hand positioning, Hands were at least directly under my elbows, maybe a hair wider. This really seem to focus on my upper pecs. I also stopped at the top of every 20 reps or so to experiment with hand position.
5 min rest (to type the above)
1:00 – Chair Dips x 65; not failure, but close; good burn; short ROM, feet on floor;
10 min rest
– Calf Raises, Single Leg x 50; took 3 sets for left leg, 2 for right; just pushed to failure each time;
– Chair Dips x 50; great burn
Lunch: ham and yellow squash
Got in a kickin workout
10:00 – 20 Pullups App x 2, 1, 3, 3; I did chin-ups, not pullups, I alternate;
– Dumbbell Curls 15lbs x 56; good mental focus, failure; I imagined being in a competition and the person in 1st place did 50 reps;
– Dumbbell rows – 15lbs x 51; same as above, but not to failure;
Have a Great Day!