Health Relationships Passion Growth Contribution
I am an explorer and adventurer; I am done sleepwalking through life. The work life I have been living was chosen for me by the world, I did not choose it myself. The world has no desire to see me maximize my true potential, the potential God built into my design when He created my blueprint. Doing the work I love – the work I was designed to do – is the surest way to make the impact I was uniquely designed to make.
I am done sleepwalking through life. Jesus came and started a revolution, and in no way do I feel like I have been doing anything to advance it. In fact, I barely feel like I have been a part of the revolution at all. If I have been a part of it, I have played an extremely anemic role in it. To set people free is to set them free from as many of the tyrannies as possible. The freedom of our rebellious life must entice people to want to undertake the oppression and hardship they will more than likely face once they join up and become a believer. Our joy must be apparent; our freedom from fear, our trust in God, our hope must all be of such caliber that it is alluring, enticing. Yes being set free from the tyranny of sin is enough – more than enough – and by far the most important thing to be freed from, yet there is still so much more left on the table after that point. The joy of our Lord is our strength; right now! Not after we’ve gone to be with Him. Right now!
I am done sleepwalking through life. This isn’t about being happy, although there will be times when that is the case, it’s about being passionate. There will be suck tasks, but those are just some of the means, not the entirety of it all. There will be an end in sight, it won’t be a perpetual suck. When pursuing a passion you can say “yeah this sucks, but who cares, the rest of the time this is so rocking!”
I am done sleepwalking through life. From this point forward I am living intentionally. From this point forward I am becoming fully human
– I have gotten out my old Tony Robbins series and started the first disc
– I have joined Live your Legend and downloaded the guides
– I am currently working on updating my linked in profile
– I am changing my approach to exercise by foregoing “working out” and incorporating more intentional, natural movements into my daily activity
– I am sitting less and moving more
– I am restricting sugar
– I have all but eliminated grains
– I am being more intentional about trying to connect with other men and building a community/tribe (no man is an island)
– I am saying yes to more things, even if it means neglecting certain chores
– and on and on and on
“I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau