Goals for today: Squats, Scapula, triceps
10:35 – Seated Scapular Dips x 50; just warming up.
11:30 – Squats x 86 (I think); walked down 2 floors, then back up and back down, then squats; started out at parallel, then went below after around 25 reps; started to approach failure, there’s a chance I could have made it 100 (15 more reps), maybe.
– Sphynx Stretch for 30 seconds
– Sphynx Triceps Extensions x 35; couldn’t take the burn in my elbows; walk back up 2 floors
These were all done with no rest.
12:05 – Toe Touch 2 x 25; 30 second rest; feet shoulder width (or more), round back, pause at bottom rather than top, explode up quickly;
Lunch: Brussel sprouts with onions, sausage, and turkey stock
4:05 – Seated Scapular Dips x 100; feet on floor;
– BCAAs – ½ serving, wait 5 minutes
– Squats x 50; same as before, this time skipped a step coming up both times. Wanted to do triceps too but blood sugar is dropping.
Going to eat the rest of my luch.
Goals for Today: Squat App, Back
8:40 – Torso Twists
– 200 Squats App x 16, 19, 15, 13, 22; Narrow feet (hip width, maybe a tiny bit less); But well below parallel, close to heels on most reps.
I changed the daily goal from shoulders to back since I will be working from home this afternoon because I can’t do back at work.
10:30 – Neck Mobility Drills
Goals for Today: Stairs, Shoulders
I may do something else other than stairs. I need to do them badly because I haven’t been training on the stairs and I am backpacking Little Bugaboo in Oklahoma on the 25th. But I say am so completely drowning in work, that I hate to take the 25 minutes it takes to do the stairs. I’d rather do a bunch of 2 minute moves throughout the day. IDK, I’ll play it by ear.
I am also torn with whether to do shoulders or pushups today. I haven’t done pushups at all this week, and shoulders get worked when I do pushups and back, which I did yesterday. I almost completed the Day 1 for the Pull up App. I did 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, but the last one is supposed to be 3. I am still curling my knees up when doing them though, and I can’t do most of the pullups without doing that, which means I’m using other muscles to cheat myself up. I don’t think I’ll move on to day two until I can do it without “cheating”.
My coworker is coughing her lungs out, an she has a fever. Her husband is home with a fever from an inner ear infection, and her 7 year old has influenza A. oh the joy. I’ve already had 3000 mg of Vit C + noni extract, and it’s not even 10 AM.
9:50 – Neck Mobility
– BCAAs + NOS Blast Preworkout + ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
10:05 – Handstand Press x 5, 3, 2, 90 second rest between sets; absolute failure on each one. On first set I didn’t think I could even descend after rep 5, came down a little fast, but I got that extra eccentric contraction in!
10:45 – Pushups x 43; almost failure; Narrow hands, shoulda done wide, my triceps and shoulders just started shutting down.
3:35 – Pushups x 61; Wide hands and elbows; total failure. Wasn’t sure I would get rep 60, but managed to squeeze it out and then somehow got 1 more. I was going for more than that, but everything just quit coming down from #61.
– Wall Handstand x 24 seconds; maybe failure, I got the sensation I was about to collapse onto my head, like my muscles would give me no warning. I did push away from the wall near the end and free handstand for about 2 or 3 seconds.
Greatness isn’t for the chosen few. It’s for the few who choose
Goals: Squats, Hamstrings
9:05 – Seated Knee Raises x 50/side; knees wide to focus more on inner flexors; good burn
– BCAAs + ACV
10/05 – Wall Handstand x 45; actually held handstand for 4 seconds before falling, kicked back up to wall immediately
– Squats x 100!!!; normal stance, but to heel (at least as close as my flexibility will allow)
7:45 – BCAAs
– 200 Squats App x 19,22, 16, 16, 24; narrow feet, butt to heels; oh man that was tougher than I thought it would be! Legs are quaking, sucking wind.
Have a Great Day!